Humpback Whale Watching
The months of July, August and September are optimal for the observation of humpback whales in their reproductive activity. The population that arrives at the Machalilla Coastal Marine Park is approximately 450-500 whales. After 5 months feeding in the waters of Chilean Patagonia they undertake a migration of 9,000 km by swimming, arriving between the middle and end of June to the coasts of Puerto López to reproduce and give birth to their babies.
It is the opportunity to observe the process of seduction where humpback whales jump & play showing their tail and fins. You will be invited to do half an hour of snorkeling on Salango Island.
- Duration: 2 Hours / Departure at 11am or 2pm
- Price: 35$ per person,
- Includes: Life Jacket, Snorkeling Equipment (Mask & Tube), Refreshments, Naturalist Guide
- Recommendation: bring a coat by boat
Tour Los Frailes – Comuna Agua Blanca
It is the right place to swim, snorkel and rest. You can take a two-hour walk through viewpoints and discover different protected beaches of white, black sand or volcanic stones. These virgin beaches without human constructions, refuge of crabs and turtles are ideal to rest, alone, with family or as a couple.
Agua Blanca Commune
In the heart of the Machalilla National Park, 12km from Puerto López, Agua Blanca is ideal for those who like archeology and the great bio-diversity of the tropical dry forest. You can visit a small museum and archaeology in situ. You can rest in the sulphurous lagoon where you can take a bath with healing and relaxing properties.
- Duration: 1 day
- Price: 50$ per person
- Includes: Private Transportation, Entrance to Agua Blanca Commune, Massage
- Extra: Rental of snorkeling equipment (mask, fins, tube) 15$ per day / Ask for availability
Rio Blanco & the Bola de Oro Trail
This trail located in the upper part of the humid forest of the Machalilla National Park, is located in Río Blanco in the commune of El Pital and runs through a true natural paradise, with beautiful waterfalls of crystal clear waters and exuberant vegetation, from dry forest to tropical humid forest. You can observe native flora and fauna such as howler monkeys, tarantulas and a variety of birds among others.
- Duration: different trails adapted to the levels of the participants / From 2 hours to 4 hours
- Price: $50 per person for the hike / $60 per person for the ride
- Includes: Specialist guide, rubber boots, raincoats, transportation, family lunch.
- Recommendations: Bring insect repellent, sunscreen, personal backpack / From 7am to 9am you see more wildlife